Since a young age, Ethan Hardy Benson (he/him) has always been drawn to the performing arts. Becoming involved in the chorus at his intermediate school, Ethan was soon cast as “Santa” in a Christmas program where he was abducted from the North Pole by aliens. This distinguishable performance surely brought him to the University of Michigan, where he is currently finishing his Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre with a minor in Entrepreneurship.
Ethan most recently won The American Pops Orchestra's Chip Hand Prize for Vocal Excellence at the Annual Next Gen Vocal Competition held at David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center.
Ethan is currently performing in the 50th Anniversary National Tour of Jesus Christ Superstar.
- Performed as Spongebob in Spongebob the Musical, Billy Cane in Bright Star, and Angie the Ox in Guys and Dolls.
- Won the Chip Hand Prize for Vocal Excellence with American Pop Orchestra's Next Gen Vocal Competition
- Performed as Sasha/Russian soloist in the world premiere of John Williams' orchestration of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.
- Performed as Eddie/Burrs u/s in Andrew Lippa’s The Wild Party.
- Co-produced the UM Musical Theatre Class of 2022’s Senior Entrance.
August 2021. Towsley Studio.
- Performed as Charles in Shakespeare's As You Like It
- Starred as Jack Kelly in Musket’s Newsies in Concert.
December 2020. Digital film release.
- Interned for the Broadway Dreams Organization, working alongside artists Annette Turner, Jenn Collela, Quentin Earl Dennington, and Noah Rickets.
May–July 2021. Atlanta and Houston.
- Produced the original cast album for Gossip Girl: the Parody Musical.
June 2021. Written by Nicholas Kraft.
- In high school, Ethan ran a multi-media sports' blog for the surrounding area called “OB Hoop Scoop.” Covering some of the top players throughout the nation, he was able to meet legendary coaches such as Coach K, John Calipari, and Penny Hardaway along the way.
- Ethan is grateful to broadwayforbrokepeople.com for organizing a database for more affordable Broadway ticket opportunities.
- Ethan also enjoys running the @UMichMusicalTheatre Instagram and coordinating the Department's on-campus Summer stock auditions.